ProHEALTH Dental Clinical Health and Safety Guidelines
Keeping our patients and staff safe has always been a top priority for ProHEALTH Dental. Naturally, this is even more important as we deal with the COVID-19 virus. Please be assured that our offices follow New York and New Jersey State Department of Health guidelines as well as those made by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We continuously monitor the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
- You will be greeted by our friendly staff at the reception desk who will be wearing masks, disposable jackets and gloves as needed.
- Someone will take and record your temperature as soon as you enter the office.
- If you do not have a mask on, we will give one to you.
- No handshaking or physical contact between you and our ProHEALTH Dental staff- as much as we would like to, it’s imperative we maintain social distancing and no contact.
Every patient will be asked COVID-19 screening questions when you make
an appointment and when you enter the office. Questions include:
• Your recent travel history, fever, respiratory symptoms or known exposure
• Whether you have tested positive, when, and if so, how long you have been without symptoms
- We will thoroughly wipe down on a regular basis any items you or our staff may have to touch: pens, clipboards, countertops, phones, keyboards, mice, light switches, surfaces, and other items at the reception area and desk in the office.
- ADS Extraoral Suction System in all offices. This state-of-the-art equipment removes airborne droplets and aerosols produced during routine dental cleanings, greatly reducing infection risk for patients and staff.
- We’re extending and staggering our office hours to accommodate all patients who need dental care but also to ensure we maintain social distancing among patients and staff.
- You will be asked to come into offices ALONE unless you are escorting an elderly, disabled or pediatric patient. ONLY the patient will be allowed in the treatment room.
- When it is feasible, you will be asked to wait in your car or outside the office and we will call or text you when we’re ready to see you- this will make your visit more efficient and best ensure social distancing.
- Everyone will observe social distancing in the office (reception area seats will be six feet apart).
- Hand sanitizer will be available for you and our staff.
- When you go to the treatment room, we will drape you in disposable throws & bibs and we will give you eyewear protection.
- We will also require you to rinse your mouth for one minute with peroxyl or diluted 1:1 peroxide : water.
- All of our treatment rooms will be sprayed with disinfectant between patients to protect against aerosols.
- All treatment rooms surfaces will be cleaned / wiped down with disinfectant between patients (including door handles and knobs).
- All of our dentists, hygienists and dental assistants will be wearing the most effective safety protective gear- which is carefully disposed of and diligently changes between each patient.
- All of our staff are trained in the latest enhanced health and safety measures to provide the confidence and comfort that you have come to expect from ProHEALTH Dental.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe!
Convenient Locations and Hours in New York and New Jersey
Every Office is Partnered with a Local Hospital System or Large Medical Group to Provide Comprehensive Care
Managed by Healthcare Professionals with Your Best Interests in Mind
Most Insurances Accepted
Free Consultations for Implant Procedures
Spanish Speaking Staff Available for Assistance